rosemaryknits

rosemaryknits

The Phantom of Fifth Avenue: The Mysterious Life and Scandalous Death of Heiress Huguette Clark
Meryl Gordon
End of The Chain: Life and death in the Aleutians
Robert Wallace Finlay
Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words: A Writer's Guide to Getting It Right
Bill Bryson
Seeing Further
Neal Stephenson, Margaret Atwood, Gregory Benford, Georgina Ferrey, Oliver Morton, Maggie Gee, Margaret Wertheim, Richard Fortey, John D. Barrow, Martin J. Rees, Philip Ball, Richard Holmes, Stephen H. Schneider, James Gleick, Simon Schaffer, Henry Petroski, Paul Davies,
Icons of England
To Marry an English Lord
Carol McD. Wallace, Gail MacColl
That Bear Ate My Pants!
Tony James Slater
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune
Paul Clark Newell Jr., Bill Dedman

Plain Truth

Plain Truth - Jodi Picoult So far, I'm a little annoyed by the detail inconsistencies(hey - I've had babies!), but I'm plugging along because I enjoyed her last one so much, and I like reading about the Amish. Their lifestyle enchants and repels me, and I like to live it through fiction.

OK, so I dragged myself through this book - only barely. The *glaring* mistakes and inconsistencies drove me crazy. For example, Katie was all nervous during her trial - a MURDER trial - that she had to get home every day for milking, but yet she took off howevermany days every month to go visit her brother? Yeah, right. Oh, and the dad was real on-board about that, too, I imagine. Or, how about someone noticing an "oil rainbow" on the surface of a puddle in the driveway - in an Amish person's driveway. The Amish... ummm... don't use petro.

All in all, this book was a waste of time. It was OK.