rosemaryknits

rosemaryknits

The Phantom of Fifth Avenue: The Mysterious Life and Scandalous Death of Heiress Huguette Clark
Meryl Gordon
End of The Chain: Life and death in the Aleutians
Robert Wallace Finlay
Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words: A Writer's Guide to Getting It Right
Bill Bryson
Seeing Further
Neal Stephenson, Margaret Atwood, Gregory Benford, Georgina Ferrey, Oliver Morton, Maggie Gee, Margaret Wertheim, Richard Fortey, John D. Barrow, Martin J. Rees, Philip Ball, Richard Holmes, Stephen H. Schneider, James Gleick, Simon Schaffer, Henry Petroski, Paul Davies,
Icons of England
To Marry an English Lord
Carol McD. Wallace, Gail MacColl
That Bear Ate My Pants!
Tony James Slater
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune
Paul Clark Newell Jr., Bill Dedman

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

A Tree Grows in Brooklyn - Betty  Smith On my top-10 list. How I love this book! Like my other all-time-faves, To Kill a Mockingbird and Lonesome Dove, this book isn't about what you think it's about. This is a book which resonates with whatever you're going through at a particular time in your life. It's about education, family, love, loss - a coming of age story. I can read it over and over and it's a brand new book, every time. I just love Francie.

(By the way, it's a great homeschooling-unschooling book. It'd be a great one to give to the in-laws who want to knock your homeschooling train off of its tracks. Bundle this one with To Kill a Mockingbird, with a note which reads, "This is why I home educate your grandchildren.")