rosemaryknits

rosemaryknits

The Phantom of Fifth Avenue: The Mysterious Life and Scandalous Death of Heiress Huguette Clark
Meryl Gordon
End of The Chain: Life and death in the Aleutians
Robert Wallace Finlay
Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words: A Writer's Guide to Getting It Right
Bill Bryson
Seeing Further
Neal Stephenson, Margaret Atwood, Gregory Benford, Georgina Ferrey, Oliver Morton, Maggie Gee, Margaret Wertheim, Richard Fortey, John D. Barrow, Martin J. Rees, Philip Ball, Richard Holmes, Stephen H. Schneider, James Gleick, Simon Schaffer, Henry Petroski, Paul Davies,
Icons of England
To Marry an English Lord
Carol McD. Wallace, Gail MacColl
That Bear Ate My Pants!
Tony James Slater
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune
Paul Clark Newell Jr., Bill Dedman

Turn of Mind

Turn of Mind - Alice LaPlante I wonder how accurate the author's portrayal of Alzheimer's is? If her illustration is correct, then damn, what an awesome literary device!

I listened to the recorded version of this book - based on the other's reviews, now I want to go back and read the print version, to understand how the author's (or publisher's?) decision to alter the typeface might affect the reading and understanding of the story. As an audio production, it was awesome. The narrator was spot-on. I was riveted. I listen to books while walking the dogs and our level of physical fitness went up a notch during this book - I made many more trips around the block because I was HOOKED!

However, I found the ending to be rather unsatisfying. I felt as if the author had spun this beautiful web, and then couldn't figure out how to end it. Even the writing style seemed different. However, I forgive her because I loved the first 95% so much.

Awesome book.