rosemaryknits

rosemaryknits

The Phantom of Fifth Avenue: The Mysterious Life and Scandalous Death of Heiress Huguette Clark
Meryl Gordon
End of The Chain: Life and death in the Aleutians
Robert Wallace Finlay
Bryson's Dictionary of Troublesome Words: A Writer's Guide to Getting It Right
Bill Bryson
Seeing Further
Neal Stephenson, Margaret Atwood, Gregory Benford, Georgina Ferrey, Oliver Morton, Maggie Gee, Margaret Wertheim, Richard Fortey, John D. Barrow, Martin J. Rees, Philip Ball, Richard Holmes, Stephen H. Schneider, James Gleick, Simon Schaffer, Henry Petroski, Paul Davies,
Icons of England
To Marry an English Lord
Carol McD. Wallace, Gail MacColl
That Bear Ate My Pants!
Tony James Slater
Empty Mansions: The Mysterious Life of Huguette Clark and the Spending of a Great American Fortune
Paul Clark Newell Jr., Bill Dedman

Off the Grid: Inside the Movement for More Space, Less Government, and True Independence in Modern America - Nick Rosen Not at all what I was expecting. I guess I was looking forward to something a little more How-to, as food for thought, but this is a presentation of a variety of different people who live off the grid, and how and why they do.

The author's style leaves much to be desired, in my opinion. He presents a person, and says something like, "She's tall, beautiful and has a mouth full of bad teeth." You know, this sort of thing. Very rude, in my opinion, and it really dragged down the whole experience. I'm 1/3 of the way through, and I don't think I'll finish it. It's sad, actually, that the author has to be so gossip-columnist-y. Kinda skanky.